Thoughts of the week
How often do you hear people being negative? Moaning about something, complaining about someone, putting the mood down. When was the last time you did it?
The truth is everyone is guilty! It’s natural and part of life, more than you may realise.
On the flip side when was the last time you heard someone being positive about what they do and genuinely mean it? You tend to experience this a lot less in life, especially in high performance work and sports environments. It’s much easier to be negative but so much more damaging to your mindset.
Surely positive is better than negative isn’t it? A lot of successful people, businessman and athletes, consciously affirm short positive statements to themselves morning and night. This becomes part of their automatic thought process on a regularly basis which squeezes out the space for negatively. Try it this evening and when you wake up tomorrow!
“You will never change your life until you change something you do daily.”
If you’re not happy then do something about it now, don’t wait and put it off. Don’t waste time wondering, take action now! One small step could set you on the path way for bigger and better things. Out with the negative and in with the positive, start taking pride in who you are and what you do…
Exercise of the week
Development | Strength | Single leg | Squat | Level 1 | A to E | Progressions
- Single leg | Squat | To box | Hands in front (A1)
- Single leg | Squat | To box | Hands across shoulders (A2)
- Single leg | Squat | To box | Hands behind head (A3)
- Single leg | Squat | To box | Hands overhead (A4)
- Single leg | Squat | On box | Hands in front (B1)
- Single leg | Squat | On box | Hands across shoulders (B2)
- Single leg | Squat | On box | Hands behind head (B3)
- Single leg | Squat | On box | Hands overhead (B4)
- Single leg | Squat | To box | Plate (C1)
- Single leg | Squat | To box | Goblet (C2)
- Single leg | Squat | To box | Dumbbells (C3)
- Single leg | Squat | On box | Plate (D1)
- Single leg | Squat | On box | Goblet (D2)
- Single leg | Squat | On box | Dumbbells (D3)
Find out more about this program here
Recipe of the week
Grilled white fish tacos with soft lettuce wraps, peppered corn, roasted peppers, red chilli & quark coated cabbage slaw
- Coat fish in seasoning of choice (we used chilli powder, salt, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne pepper and cumin) place chillis on top, place in foil parcels and bake in oven for 15-20 mins (time varies based on size of fillet)
- Roughly chop raw cabbage & in a separate bowl mix together quark, squeeze of fresh lemon juice, olive oil, chilli pepper & diced garlic
- Pan fry chopped onion & mixed peppers in coconut oil for 10 mins adding seasoning to suit flavour
- Throw in sweetcorn to pan towards the end to warm
- Serve all together on a bed of soft lettuce wraps
Find out more about our nutrition plans here