Thoughts of the week
When was the last time you were in a situation where that involved managing challenge from someone else?
Where was it? Who was it? Why did it happen?
Most people tend not to like confrontation but it will inevitably happen in most environments no matter where you are and what you are doing!
As a company and as individuals we experience this at least once as week with people with work with or organisations we work alongside. It is not always a negative problem to have and can help to develop you people skills dramatically in life sport and business.
It is important to be prepared and have an appropriate way on dealing with people when things are not gogin their way.
- Defuse as much emotion as possible by responding in the opposite manner
- Switch environments, going to a different location to where things may have arisen as soon as possible
- Have empathy and build rapport as soon as possible
- Appreciate what the person is trying to say and adjust accordingly
- Try and find out the cause of the problem and work back from there
- Focus on the outcome the person wants and try to help them achieve it if reasonable or think of an alternative if unreasonable
- Ideally end up with an agreed solution to the issue that include the next steps
- If necessary let others who need to know aware of the situation
- Follow up and make sure the issue has been resolved or the person in question is happy with the current status of the problem
- Reflect on how you could manage the situation better next time
Hopefully these are helpful and you can use them next time you have to manage challenge…
Recipe of the week
Pesto gnocchi with grilled chicken & mediterranean vegetables
- Roughly chop pepper, carrot, red onion, courgette and aubergine, toss in olive oil, add Italian mixed herbs, sprinkle with chilli flakes then roast in the oven until cooked.
- Lightly dress the chicken breasts with olive oil, chilli & garlic powder then bake in the oven until cooked
- Cook gnocchi as directed on packet
- Mix gnocchi and peas together in pan then add a generous amount of pesto, until warm.
- Remove mediterranean vegetables from oven and scatter on plate
- Sprinkle gnocchi on top of vegetables
- Remove chicken breasts from oven, slice and place on top of gnocchi
Find out more about our nutrition plans here