Thoughts of the week
What environment do you spend most of your time in? Pitch? Track? Gym? Office? Home?
Do you like being there? Can you can get stuff done? Are people around you productive? What is the general vibe like?
The ideas, customs, behaviour of people in a particular society is otherwise know as the culture. That can directly affect the associated values of that environment!
When we work with our athletes and clients these are the first things we address. We initially agree on the goal we want to achieve then the best way to go about getting there. Then the following are non-negotiable points that are adhered to along the way:
- Best effort
No matter where we are, what we are doing and who we are with these points always apply. If someone struggles, slips, wonders or forgets away from them they are gently reminded that is what was agreed before they started and must follow through on. This always results in the best success that can be achieved under the particular circumstances.
Conversely the more unsuccessful people we have come across don’t have a culture or adhere to values. This may be because they have never had the opportunity to do so or just choose not to!
The biggest and the best clubs, teams, organisations and business all follow this system and process. It’s very difficult to achieve greats things doing so. It may be possible the now and them but won’t be consistent. After all that’s what we all want isn’t it? Consistent success in sport, life and business?
So next time you’re taking on a challenge in whatever walk of life make sure, you’ve set the appropriate and necessary standards beforehand and value that culture…
Recipe of the week
Grilled herby turkey breast w. mustard & chilli vegetables
- Roughly chop up two medium turkey breasts & season with a herb marinade (we used olive oil, vegetarian gravy, mixed herbs, salt and pepper) and place in an oven proof dish.
- Slice & dice courgettes, carrots, cherry tomatoes, red peppers & red onions
- Place vegetables on a baking tray, lightly drizzling with olive oil & balsamic vinegar.
- Place vegetables & turkey in oven at same time on a medium temperature for 25-30mins.
- Turn turkey breasts & stir vegetables half way through cooking.
- Remove from oven & combine ingredients on plate as in picture to serve.
Find out more about our nutrition plans here