Thoughts of the week
When was the last time you taught somebody something? Was it successful? Did you find it challenging? Did that person come back for more?
In life, business and sport, teaching people is often a daily occurrence and you may do this without even realising! Being able to communicate effectively and teach people things successfully is a very valuable skill to posses and one which can always be developed
“In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn”
The most importance things we would suggest to consider next time you find yourself in this position are:
- Who are they? How old are they? What is the best way you can engage them?
- What is it? What do they need to know it? How can it help them?
- Where will you be? What tools are available to help you? Can you think of a unique approach your audience may not how come across before that they won’t forget?
- Nobody likes a bore! Be energetic, be informative, be optimistic, be helpful, be passionate, be professional, be like someone you would want to listen to!
- Keep it simple. Keep it clear. Keep it concise. Keep it memorable. Make sure it doesn’t last longer than it needs to. Give people accountability and actions to further their learning but most importantly something to take away with them!
We have found that when prioritising the above points, the whole process is much more effective. People respect what you have said and how you have said it. It makes them hungry to find out more and want to come back to you again.
So whatever environment you may next have to teach in remember the above and enjoy doing so…
Recipe of the week
Turkey & spring green salad
- Boil new potatoes until soft, then cut into fourths & put in fridge to cool.
- Cook green peas until they are warm through, adding to cooling potatoes
- In a saucepan combine lemon, olive oil, whole grain mustard, apple cider vinegar & minced garlic. Heat through so that the garlic cooked & leave to cool.
- Washed and drain a large bag of spinach, add potatoes, peas and dressing, tasing together in a large bowl to evenly cover all ingredients.
- Gently heat olive oil, quarter of a stock cube & herbs in a pan.
- Turn heat up then add 2 large chicken breasts to pan. When chicken is cooked is cooked through & starting to brown all over drizzle fresh lemon juice & ground black pepper over top.
- Slice generously, add to salad & serve as in picture.
Find out more about our nutrition plans here