Thoughts of the week
The word we often hear but maybe not fully know what it means? – “Feel or cause to feel anxious or troubled about actual or potential problems”
We do not one person who does not worry about something! Time, family, business, health, wellness, money, friends, sport, training, wining, loosing, weather, politics…the list could go on forever!
It’s one of the most natural things people do but can also be one of the most harmful too! After close personal experiences with deep worry, anxiety and it’s relations we recommend following the below tips:
- Focus on the present moment, what you’re doing right NOW is most important. Not what you did earlier or what you will do later.
- Sleep! Make sure you get enough rest to stay physically and mentally ready for anything. Fatigue is one of the biggest instigators of anxiety.
- Try and look at problems / challenges with a “how can” view rather than a “what if” one.
- Don’t give worry the time to occur! Only let it happen when you have free time to do so ensuring it does not interfere with important tasks.
- Don’t fight it, let worry happen to keep it’s intensity low. If you let it build up it could become worse over time.
- Make sure you do at least one thing in your day that makes you happy and you enjoy. This time is for YOU and nothing else.
- Spend time with other people to take your mind of things, being alone can make it worse.
- Look after your body as you normally would by eating well, keeping hydrated and exercising. Nothing should compromise these things, especially a negative thought.
- Learn to become more comfortable not knowing. Sometimes this alone can trigger ripples of anxiety but the more you except uncertainties the easier it will become to manage them.
- Understand that worry is not going to solve anything and it never will.
- Practice problem solving until you’re so good at it worry beocomes a thing of the past.
“Worrying does not empty tomorrow of it’s troubles, it empties today of it’s successes”
So if worry get’s your way in life, sport and/or business try implementing some of the above tips into your day. Just one of these action points could make a huge difference. The most successful people we’ve work with have mastered this and you can too if you just try and worry less…
Recipe of the week
Mexican fiesta bowl w. spicy prawns
- Slice & dice sweet potato. Place on foil lined baking try then lightly drizzle with olive oil, seasoning with salt & cayenne pepper. Place in oven on medium heat for 20mins.
- Spoon out two avocados into a bowl, smash together whilst mixing in fresh lime juice, mixed herbs, salt & black pepper to taste.
- Quarter cherry tomatoes.
- Heat sweetcorn in a small pan with a little butter & pinch of paprika.
- Finely chop one fresh red chill
- Wash & rinse kale, leaving to one side to drain. Massage thoroughly for 1 min.
- Wash & rinse black beans, leading to one side to drain
- After 15 mins heat prawns in a pan with olive oil, crushed garlic & fresh lemon juice for 5 mins.
- Remove sweet potato from oven
- Combine ingredients & serve as in picture, adding fresh red chill as garnish to taste
Find out more about our nutrition plans here