Thoughts of the week
How often do you have the same daily ritual?
How often do you take the same route for the same journey?
How often do you eat the same meal?
How often do you do the same workout?
Are these routines or habits? A habit is something you do in a regular and repeated way. It is a process that can occur subconsciously. A routine is something requires thought. It is made up of many habits. So, if you feel stuck in your habits, change your routine.
“If it’s moving too slow, go faster. If it’s not loud enough, turn it up. If the view is boring, go another way”
Reasons to keep things the same, to list a few:
Reason to mix things up, to list a few:
- Character building
If you’re you happy with how you are performing in life, sport and/or business then great! if you’re not then it might be time to step back and look at things from a wider perspective. Making a change to just thing you do daily could have a ripple effect on many others for the greater. The only way you’re going to find this out is to go ahead and mix things up more…
Recipe of the week
Roast vegetable salad w. grilled halloumi
- Slice & dice broccoli, carrot & peeled beets in to small bite-size pieces. Place on foil lined backing tray then lightly season with olive oil, salt, black pepper, mixed herbs & finely chopped red chill. Place in oven on a medium heat for 20mins, stirring half way through.
- Wash, rinse then drain a large handful of watercress, rocket & baby spinach, placing in a salad bowl.
- In a cup mix together olive oil, apple cider vinegar, lime juice & reduced salt soy sauce, adding fresh black pepper to taste. Mix together then cover leaves in salad bowl to dress.
- After 15 mins, finely slice low fat halloumi & grill, or lightly pan fry, until it starts to brown on each side.
- Remove vegetables from oven, combine all ingredients then serve as in picture.
Find out more about our nutrition plans here