Thoughts of the week
Everyone loves some kind of music!
Have different preferences for different times of the day? Prefer to listen to particular types when doing certain things? Fussy about what tunes other people play at a party? It’s all natural!
As well as get you up for, get you through and enhance a tough physical exercise session, music actually has a lot more benefits than you may think:
- Cognition – Improving and maintaining mental abilities, sometimes helping recall things people had previously forgotten.
- Comfort – Emotionally and sensoraliy supports people suffering with physical and mental illnesses.
- Pain – Has been proven to reduce pain experience pre and post surgical procedures
- Memory – Rhythm and melody can assist with a more verbal memory, less confusion and better focused attention.
- Anxiety – Levels can be dramatically reduced after listening to specific types.
- Stress – Slow tempo, low pitch and no lyrics can relax people before a potential stressful event occurring.
- Mood – Emotions can be regulated after pressing play.
- Autism – Can regulate social responses, communication and attention skills, primarily in young children.
Check out our Training Tunes Playlist on Spotify and listen to next time you need some music magic…
Recipe of the week
Veggie sushi bowl
- Boil a medium size portion of quinoa in a pan of water, stirring occasionally for 15 mins.
- Roughly chop red cabbage into long thin slices then dress with sesame oil, apple cider vinegar & chilli sauce to taste.
- Peel a large carrot then ribbon in the fine strips.
- Slice & dice a medium red pepper along its length.
- Cut cucumber into thin half moons.
- Split an avocado in half, thinly divide into long sections with a knife whilst still in skin, then scoop out with a spoon.
- After 10 mins, heat frozen edamame in another pan for 5 mins, then drain.
- Layer bowl with quinoa when done, then place all other ingredients on top.
- In a mixing cup combine sesame oil, white wine vinegar, light soy sauce and crushed ginger. Poor on top of everything.
- Serve as in picture.
Find out more about our nutrition plans here