Thoughts of the week
Is there an area, room or environment in your life that is a mess! Somewhere that doesn’t get much attention isn’t prioritised to be looked after or cleaned? Is this at work, home, where you train?
It might not seem that important but it could affect you more than you think! There are many positives related to having a clear out and making it tidy.
- Old vs new.
- If you’ve not used something for a year, get rid of it! It’s incredibly unlikely that you will again and it’s just taking up space. Urge towards keeping things that are newer no older.
- Increase mood and energy
- The feeling you get from doing this will make you feel better and create positive change, silly not to really.
- Raise self esteem
- Satisfaction from achieving just a small goal like this will increase your own emotional evaluation.
- Create a more productive environment
- When an area is less clutter and more organised you productivity will increase to. Less distractions will keep you more on task.
- Improve concentration / focus
- With one thing less on your mind, will give you more space to think clearly
- Become more creative
- Enhanced productivity, concentration and focus could quite easily result in working on a deeper level and thought process you may not have had before.
- Relax more
- You will be directly less stressed as a result
- Decrease anxiety
- Unwanted or negative thoughts are likely to be less frequent once this has been done
- Enhance sleep
- All of the above will enable you to rest better and possibly for longer
In order to achieve the best possible results with out client, all of the environments we work in are very organised. So if this relates to you at all, and you’re putting it off, then take action to clear out….
Exercise of the week
Dynamic | Strength | Lunge | Forward | A to B | Progressions
- Barbell on back | Uneven fixed weight (A1)
- Barbell in catch position | Uneven fixed weight (A2)
- Barbell overhead | Uneven fixed weight (A3)
- Barbell on back | Uneven moving weight (B1)
- Barbell in catch position | Uneven moving weight (B2)
- Barbell overhead | Uneven moving weight (B3)
Find out more about this program here
Recipe of the week
Lean pork stir fry
- Sauté some chopped garlic, crushed ginger & red chilli in a hot pan with a splash of olive oil
- Roughly chop some lean pork into 2 inch strips & add to pan
- Slice & dice white onion, white cabbage, chard & carrot into thin strips
- Once pork has cooked through add vegetables to pan, seasoning with a splash of soy sauce, sesame oil & ground black pepper
- Throw in some frozen edamame then turn up heat & stir fry until all ingredients are hot & mixed together well
- Serve as in picture
Find out more about our nutrition plans here