Thoughts of the week
When you hear the word indulgent what is the first thing you think of? Food, drink, shopping, holidays! Generally things that make you feel better but you are conscious have an upper limit. What about other things that you may not have realised? Time, attention, priorities, interest!
These more ‘out of the box’ things are what we indulge in everyday, very likely without realising it and/or being aware of it. How many times have you looked at your phone today when you didn’t need to? What amount of time have you wasted doing things today that have little substance or purpose? Have the most important things in your life really been put first?
We all want to be happy, healthy and successful but do we all think a) about what that actually looks like? and b) how we actually get there? Could this process be enriched and shortened if we indulged a little less on trivia? It’s food for thought! Some people get it very right, some people get it very wrong and most people have no idea, they just live and learn by doing.
The high performance clients that we work with have made many mistakes and have got it wrong more times than they haven’t. The key thing that they do though is reflect and learn from things that don’t work, take too long, aren’t successful, produce poor results and make them and other unhappy. Repeating a process that takes you away from where you want to be or where you want to get to is a fools game but more people do it than you may think…don’t be one of them and be careful with what you indulge in!
Find out more about our previous blog collaborations here
Recipe of the week
Roasted vegetable mexican casserole
- Combine diced red peppers, roughly torn cauliflower, chopped onion, chunked sweet potato & place on a foiled lined baking tray. Sprinkle olive oil, cumin, paprika & sea salt then mix with finger tips to evenly coat all vegetables. Spread out evenly then cook an a medium-high heat for approx. 25-30mins until vegetables start to caramelise. Remove when done, placing to one side.
- To assemble the casserole, first spread organic tomato salsa evenly over the bottom of the baking dish. Next add a layer of halved tortillas making sure to cover all of the salsa. Then top with a mixture of black beans, roasted vegetables, fresh spinach & low fat cheddar cheese. Top with more tortillas, creating above layering process until the dish is full.
- Finish with a final layer of tortillas plus the remaining salsa & cheese.
- Tent the baking dish, baking bake the casserole for approx 20 mins on a medium-high heat. Remove the tent then bake for a further 10 mins until it is heated through.
- Remove form oven, section into square pieces then serve as in picture. Drizzle some hot sauce over the top & sprinkle with some ground black pepper.
Find out more about our nutrition plans here