Thoughts of the week
We are all busy these days whether that be at work, in training or just with general life. There are everyday pressures to get things done, usually under some sort of time pressure. Many of our clients can become easily overloaded and are often expected to function above capacity.
A simple solution we have found can really help ease reduce stress, ease pressure and increase productivity is to schedule in regular breaks but ACTUALLY TAKE THEM. Block out time in your diary or calendar and DON’T LET ANYTHING INTERFERE WITH THEM.
You may be wondering why are these so important? These are the top reasons to take short time outs everyday by moving to a different location each time and doing a completely different activity:
- Memory can be improved
- Productivity is enhanced
- Creativity is developed
- Motivation is increased
- Decision making becomes better
- Physical health is more positive
- Emotional health is promoted
- Relationships can be made
- Sleep quality gets upgraded
If you are sceptical about this then try it! You’ll be surprised how quickly you notice the results and others respect the importance of this time everyone deserves…
Find out more about our previous blog collaborations here
Recipe of the week
Butternut squash soup
- Peel, deseed then cube the butternut squash then roast in oven for approx. 30mins. After 10mins of squash cooking time. Add finely sliced red onion, grated carrot, chopped garlic & diced red chilli into a large pan with a generous glug of olive oil. Heat & stir until everything softens for approx. 20mins. adding sea salt, ground black pepper & smoked paprika for flavour.
- Boil up some vegetable stock, pouring in to pan. Take squash out of oven & add too. Mix everything together on a high heat.
- Using a hand blander blitz entire contents of pan until smooth. Add in a few tablespoons of quark to help reach desired consistency. When happy heat though for a few more minutes.
- Serve as in picture with a sprinkle of ground black pepper or chilli sauce on top.
Find out more about our nutrition plans here