Thoughts of the week
“Idea Belief “
Idea is defined as “a thought or suggestion as to a possible course of action”. Have you had an idea before and not followed it through? Has someone else come up with a similar idea you had and taken the credit? Did you regret not acting on your initial thought? This happens more than you may think! Here are our top tips to bring your next idea to life as soon as possible:
- Act fast
- Don’t force it
- Let them come naturally
- Write it down as soon as you have one
- Ask for opinions
- Review everything you come up with
- Play around with all of them, changing slightly if necessary
- Consider the next steps
- Look what already exist that is similar to yours
- Only spend short amounts of time on it to keep you mind fresh and focussed
- Put a good, not perfect, version of it out there to get feedback
- Review, revise, repeat
Doing the above will get you closer to where you won’t to be in a shorter amount of time. The most successful clients we work with in sport, business and everyday life have developed their own individual systems and processes that allow them to move forwards with new ideas and innovations before the competition. Doing nothing will get you nowhere!
Find out more about our previous blog collaborations here
Recipe of the week
Spinach & lemon risotto w. spiced chicken
- Roughly chop up a chicken large chicken breast, season with dried fajita spice then place in medium-high oven on a baking sheet for approx 20-25mins.
- Pour vegetable stock into a saucepan and bring to the boil.
- While waiting for the stock, sautée spinach in another saucepan. Once the spinach has wilted remove from heat then set to one side to cool. Once cooled blend the with garlic, pepper & organic butter until smooth. Leave to rest.
- In a large frying band brown off organic butter, thyme leaves, diced onion & chopped garlic. Add risotto rice, stirring to coat in garlic mix, cooking for 2 mins. Add a generous splash of dry white wine, cook for another 2 mins until evaporated. Add one ladleful of stock then cook until absorbed, stirring continuously. Repeat until rice is creamy & cooked through.
- Remove frying pan from the heat then stir through grated parmesan, lemon zest, fresh lemon juice & the spinach purée, seasoning to taste. Leave on a very low heat.
- Remove chicken from oven, checking it’s cooked through, then roughly slice across breast.
- Plate & serve as in picture.
Find out more about our nutrition plans here