Thoughts of the week
Think about your network of professional contacts…
- How many people are in it?
- Who are key figures that offer you true value and help contribute towards your professional development?
- When was the last time you communicated with them?
- What have they been up to?
- Do they have any exciting things coming up?
- Could there be any opportunities for you to become involved?
If you are struggling to answer these questions, and you feel they could be valuable to know, then don’t you think you should proactively do something about it? We have recently reached out to key figures in our professional network of business, sports, coaching and lifestyle to arrange going to meet THEM for a coffee!
What’s the point? Well based on recent experiences we have found the following to be a result:
- Good ideas get discussed, helping you to filter out bad ones
- Meetings keep you sharp and on top of what you do
- You stay on their radar which could lead to future opportunities that may present themselves
- Discussing the latest movements, trends and research in your industry positive contributes towards continued professional development (CPD)
- It’s social, gets you ‘out of the office’ and can act as a good mental break from what you do day to day
- You can feedback what you discussed to other people in your network that has a ripple effect
Have a think about the above and ask yourself honestly, when was the last time I did that? You never know what could come out of it…
Find out more about our previous blog collaborations here
Recipe of the week
BBQ leftover salad
- Rinse & drain mixed leaf salad of your choice, placing in large salad bowl.
- Cut kernels from leftover bbq corn, adding to bowl.
- Roughly chop up any other left over grilled vegetables from the bbq (we used courgette, asparagus, tomatoes, & peppers), adding to bowl.
- Mix olive oil, white wine vinegar, clear honey, english mustard, fresh lemon juice, dried mixed herbs, ground black pepper & sea salt together in a small glass to make a light & zesty vinaigrette dressing.
- Toss all ingredients together
- Serve as in picture, with any left over (refrigerated) protein from the bbq (we used cajun spiced chicken wings).
Find out more about our nutrition plans here