Thoughts of the week
Set a new personal best? Won an event? Finished a big project? Completed an important task? Made a business deal? Undertaken a qualification? Or maybe achieved something else!
Whatever it was, and whenever you did it, ask yourself this…what did I do to celebrate or reflect on your success? Some may do fully, some may do partially some may not at all! Where do you fit in to this equation?
Any positive achievement should always be enjoyed however, quite often, people do not allow themselves too! Time, location, obliviousness, guilt can all be reason why. There are many different levels of celebration people can indulge in, some examples being:
- Just being content with that intrinsic achievement
- Spending extra time with family
- Having a meal with colleges also involved in the task
- Going for a drink with friends
- Treating yourself to something you’ve wanted to buy for ages
- Taking a mini-break
- Going on holiday
There are many more things that could be done depending on your preference and/or environment. They may need to be delayed and doubled up with another occasion but whatever happens allow yourself to enjoy them and the positive energy this brings you ready to take on the next…
Find out more about our previous blog collaborations here
Recipe of the week
Minced turkey tacoless salad
- Gently fry lean turkey mince in some olive oil, adding sea salt, ground black pepper, garlic powder, cumin, powder red & chilli flakes. Once meat starts to brown, leave on a low heat for approx. 5 mins stirring occasionally.
- Whilst turkey is cooking wash & drain some mixed bistro salad then place on plate.
- Roughly slice half of a red onion, chop a pepper of your choice into bitesize chunks & quarter a handful of cherry tomatoes. When done tip all vegetables in to pan with turkey, stirring for a few minutes. Once mixed well carefully spoon all ingredients on to salad bed.
- Squeeze fresh lime juice over everything, serving as in picture.
Find out more about our nutrition plans here