Dealing With Disappointment
Thoughts of the week
“Dealing With Disappointment”
Disappointment can be defined as “sadness or displeasure caused by the non-fulfilment of one’s hopes or expectations.” It’s something we all experience in business, sports & personal life. How do you deal with it? After much experience with this, we have listed some things to consider next time your are in the position to help you move forwards:
- Mindset – Stay positive no matter how hard it may feel
- Perspective – Step back and look at things through a wider lens
- Grateful – For what you already have
- Time – Understand this feeling won’t go away instantly
- Accept – The current situation for what it is
- Reflection – On why it may have happened and what could have prevented it
- Expectations – What are they now compared to what they were before?
- Breaks – Don’t try to do everything at once, arrange things in to digestible chunks.
- Love – Be around family and friends you can trust to look out for your best interests
- Plan – What you’re going to do and when to make things better
- Advice – Speak to people who may have been in a similar position to see what they did
- Opportunity – Be open minded to new directions this situation could take you
- Inspiration – Put yourself in an environment you want to be in and surround yourself with people you want to be like
- Mistakes – They happen, don’t take them to heart. Learn form them then move on.
- Optimism – Carry hope and confidence with you to the future.
- Relax – You can’t control everything and you are not a robot. Take time everyday to do things that relax and de-stress you.
Find out more about our previous blog collaborations here
Exercise of the week
Development | Preparation | Raise | Level 5 | Stages A to E | Progressions
- Shuttle | Combinations
- Circuit | Combinations
- Closed game | Combinations
- Reactive game | Combinations
Find out more about this here
Recipe of the week
“Wrapless” white fish fajitas
- Bake some white fish of your choice (we used lighted dusted cod fillets) in the oven for approx. 20-25mins.
- Roughly chop mixed pepper, red onion, courgette & carrot then slowly stir fry in wok with olive oil, fresh lemon juice, & seasoning of your choice (we used spicy bbq).
- Steam brown rice then place to one side.
- Roughly chop one large or two small avocados in to bitesize chunks.
- Remove fish from oven, ensuing it is cooked through, then break up into small pieces.
- Plate & serve as in picture.
Find out more about our nutrition plans here