Look In The Mirror
Thoughts of the week
“Look In The Mirror”
Think of the last time you were faced with a problem, disagreement or confrontation. When was it? Where was it? Who was it?
When it comes to cause, blame and reason have you ever stopped to think it could be you?
Many of the high performance clients we work with are under pressure to deliver, perform and support all the time so making mistakes, errors and bad decisions are part of the process.
Here are our top tips to find resolution when thinks go wrong:
- Specificity – How direct and accurate were you leading up to the event?
- Measurability – Is there a way you can track your progress to this point?
- Attainability – Were you realistic in your expectations?
- Time – Could what needed to be done have occurred in the time frame allowed?
- Environment – Did you shape the environment to suit you when you should have done the opposite?
- Clarity – How well did you communicate?
- Support – Did you source the appropriate amount of help needed?
These may seem like simple points to address but some many people miss them! Next time you’re faced with a negative issue, take a look in the mirror first before you do anything else…
Find out more about our previous blog collaborations here
Exercise of the week
Development | Preparation | Activate | Level 5 | Stages A to E | Progressions
- Mini band | Combinations
- Handle band | Combinations
- Strength band | Combinations
- Partner resistance | Combinations
Find out more about this here
Recipe of the week
“Vegetable thai green curry”
- In a wok, brown off half a red onion in coconut oil with finely chopped red chillis then add in thai green curry paste.
- Cube a butternut squash, roughly chop a red pepper & break off up baby corn into bite size pieces then throw all into the wok. Stir well.
- After a few minutes pour in some organic coconut milk & vegetable stock, mixing everything together carefully.
- Leave to simmer for 15-20 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Plate & serve as in picture.
Find out more about our nutrition plans here