Relentless Pursuit Of Better
Thoughts of the week
“Relentless Pursuit Of Better”
How often do you try to improve yourself? If we look at the word ‘better’ it can be described as “more desirable, satisfactory, or effective”. Becoming these things in training, sport, business or general life will enhance what you do. You may not see instant results but overtime the little improvements add up into powerful behaviours!
It’s taken us a long time to realise that there is no perfect scenario but we can enhance our individual lives very easily if you approach the process correctly.
Here are our top tips:
- Feedback – Ask the people you trust most what you’re biggest strengths and weakness are?
- Review – The cost and benefit of how much time you spend on things versus the what you get back from them.
- Goal – Have big and small SMART (Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic. Timed) goals to work towards where you want to get to.
- Plan – What systems will you use to put things into action?
- Try – Things numerous times, you may need to approach from different perspectives.
- Fail – If something doesn’t work at first try again. Don’t be afraid of it, failure makes you stronger!
- Ask – Mentors for advice. What would they recommend you do? What works well for them?
- Reset – Take breaks to recharge your mind and body. Nothing works properly when the batteries are low!
- Repeat – The above needs to be done again with high quality over a consistent time frame.
- Enjoy – When it works and your life is enhanced!
Find out more about our previous blog collaborations here
Exercise of the week
Development | Preparation | Mobilise | Level 5 | Stages A to E | Progressions
- Spinal mobility combinations or Hurdle / stick combinations
- Lunge combinations
- Push combinations
- Dynamic combinations
Find out more about this here
Recipe of the week
“Vegetarian chorizo & broccoli pasta”
- Place a handful of plum tomatoes in an over proof dish then sprinkle with olive oil, mixed dried italian herbs, garlic powder, dried red chillis, sea salt & balsamic vinegar. Roast on a medium-high heat until the tomatoes have burst & released their juices. Remove from oven & leave to one side.
- Roughly chop up the vegetarian chorizo then fry for approx. 5-6 mins until crisp in a little olive oil. Add whole broccoli stalks & a couple of crushed crushed garlic cloves until broccoli is tender. Take off heat & leave to one side.
- Cook the wholewheat penne pasta in some salted water until al dente.
- Drain pasta then add to the frying pan, along with tomatoes. On a low heat, gently toss everything toghether for a couple of minutes.
- Serve as in picture with mixed leaf salad if desired.
Find out more about our nutrition plans here