Thoughts of the week
Both are designed to develop and maintain fitness over these 2 busy festive time periods, that each come with a fair share of time, location and indulgence challenges! The programs:
- Are possible to do anywhere
- Improve physique and enhance energy levels
- Have a strength and conditioning focus
- Consist of 4 workouts per week over a 2 separate 30 day periods and
- Are in video format with text guidance
Once purchased consumers get:
- A downloadable overview with monitoring chart
- A downloadable monthly planner
- A downloadable exercise program
- A video file of all exercise techniques
We feel it is important to have a well structured training plan in place at this time of year, especially when your normal routine may be hard to follow when balancing work, family, friends, travel and holidays across these 2 months. We learnt a lot whilst designing and launching these programs, and it got us thinking about what we would do differently next time:
- Ask what people want first then make it for them, not the other way around.
- Make as detailed a plan as possible and stick to it.
- Work to a realistic time frame, allowing more than you think you need.
- Get as much feedback as possible from people you trust and respect.
- Manage expectations as openly and honestly as you possibly can.
- Engage with all those that share any interest with what you’re doing.
- Try to stay positive when things don’t go the way you want them to.
- Enjoy the process.
- Learn for your mistakes.
We will be keeping these in mind when we launch even more new products next year. Next time you have to take a project on give the the above points some consideration when doing so…
Find out more about our previous blog collaborations here
Exercise of the week
Development | Preparation | Potentiate | Level 5 | Stages A to E | Progressions
- Acceleration/deceleration combinations
- Agility/COD combinations
- Plyometric combinations
Find out more about this here
Recipe of the week
“Veggie Shepards Pie”
- Peel the new potatoes, boil then drain. Mash in on saucepan. Add sea salt & black pepper to season. Leave to one side.
- In an (oven proof) dish, heat a generous helping of olive oil. Add diced red onions. When soft add sliced mushrooms, chopped carrots & mixed herbs (dried or fresh). Continue to sauté until everything is softened.
- Squeeze in a table spoon of tomato paste with flour of your choice, stirring well. Drizzle in a splash of red wine, continuing to stirring everything in dish well. After a minute add vegetable broth slowly, mixing gently until gravy starts to form. Leave to simmer & thicken.
- If you used fresh herbs remove them. Stir in a large cup of frozen peas then spread the mashed potatoes on top. Bake for 15 minutes on a medium-high heat.
- Portion & serve.
Find out more about our nutrition plans here