Thoughts of the week
When was the last time you were so busy that you almost ran out of time to get everything done? When was the last time you had so much time free you were looking for something to do? These things will all vary depending on your primary responsibilities, the location you tend to find yourself in and who you are surrounded by.
Working in high performance environments tends to be very busy and highly amounts pressured. Everyone one has different roles that they are expected to fulfil in a certain timeframe. Things often don’t go to plan and alternative solutions to problems have to be actioned.
The most successful people we have worked with are those who help others, take on additional tasks they are not expected too and chip in, offering extra value towards a team goal. The effect of this can be extremely positive and really help contribute towards the bigger picture.
If everyone just got one with only what they are supposed to then results would be steady and average at best. When somebody just does that little more then results would be a little bit better. Imagine though, if everyone did it! The cumulative effect of this would ripple though the combined systems and process evolved the results would directly reflect the approach.
Next time you are involved with a responsibility, duty, job or expectation take a step back, look around and ask yourself could I do more here, does someone else need my help, can I do extra to chip in…
Find out more about our previous blog collaborations here
Exercise of the week
Development | Recovery | Develop | Level 5 | Stages A to E | Progressions
- Targeted static flexibility | Individualised whole body combinations
- Banded flexibility
- PNF flexibility (Self assisted)
- PNF flexibility (Partner assisted)
Find out more about this here
Recipe of the week
“Turkey steak patties w. spicy scrambled egg”
- Slowly cook desired number of organic turkey patties in pan with a small amount coconut oil for approx. 5-10mins, turning occasionally.
- Melt some organic butter in a pan then add 4 whisked organic eggs w. sea salt & ground black pepper. Cook though for approx. 5mins, stirring occasionally.
- Plate & serve in picture, drizzling a generous amount of sriracha over everything.
Find out more about our nutrition plans here